Java is blocked. Don't know why. Error: Application Blocked Java Plug-In 10.51.2.13 using JRE version 1.7.0_51-b13 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
I keep receiving this message when trying to use http://www.exodus-chats.org/DolTerias . it uses a java based chat system, and won't allow me to open the application. I've tried checking through my options menus, but I've found no reason as to why this can be blocked. The only thing I've come up with is my plug ins, but it doesn't allow me to change anything to allow the app to be used.
Application Blocked Details: Java Plug-In 10.51.2.13 using JRE version 1.7.0_51-b13 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- npsitesafety (Official)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- Conduit Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
I'm not familiar with the Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM. Two thoughts:
(1) Applet issue: the latest release is stricter about unsigned applets, but you're not getting the error I would expect. See:
(2) Perhaps the problem is with the Java Deployment Toolkit plugin? If you allowed that to run on that site, could you disable it and try again?
(A) Plugins section of the Add-ons page. Either:
- orange Firefox button (or Tools menu) > Add-ons
In the left column, click Plugins. Then set "Java Deployment Toolkit" to either "Ask to Activate" (with the expectation of NOT activating it) or "Never Activate"
(B) On the Permissions page of the Page Info dialog
To clear any previous permission for the plugin to run on the site where the chat client is starting up, either:
- right-click and choose View Page Info > Permissions
- Tools menu > Page Info > Permissions
Make sure that Java Deployment Toolkit is not set to Allow (any of the other 3 should be fine).
It specifically lists in the pop up window: "Application Blocked. Click for Details. Your security settings have blocked an untrusted application from running."
I specifically have that website listed as trusted in all of my settings.
I attempted to switch to "ask to activate" and "never activate" and the problem wasn't solved. I'm using the latest edition of Java software.
So I guess my concern lies with my security settings, but I don't know what security it's referring to, since none of my settings should be inhibiting the website.
Hi chaos09x, I think it's a message from the Java plugin saying that for some reason the applet from the site is blocked. If that's right, this is internal to Java and not governed by your Firefox settings. Could you check out the other threads for follow-up suggestions.
Actually that information was more helpful. I met a few others with the same concern since the update.
Starting in Java 7 Update 51, sites that would normally be blocked based on your Java Security settings can be added to an Exceptions list, via the Java Control Panel. See the Java Help page How can I configure the Exception Site List? for details.