how do I set up email
I'm trying to set up my simple mail email account on a new laptop. I copied all the details exactly from my old laptop: smtp, password, all that stuff. But it still won't work. IT won't get any incoming mail, and when I try to send something, I get an error: Authentication Failed, [Pop/verizon.net,995,ssl] Invalid response Err: Authentication failed.
How can I fix this and get my mail?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.168
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
It sounds like a problem with your Verizon account settings in whatever email program you are using. You can visit the Verizon Forums for help, since this doesn't appear to be a question about Firefox:
You may also find something useful in this article:
P.S. From your other Firefox support questions here, it looks like you are using the Simple Mail add-on for Firefox for email. If you have questions about entering your account settings then there is a support link on the addon page that goes to:
Hope that helps. I'll close this thread.