screen goes to screen saver after 2 secs when watching movie etc. Reverts to movie after pressing leyboard bar or central ok button on TV remote.
Must be repeated each 2 secs! 'Display mode tabs' on xscreensaver demo page goes active but fails to take me to disable screen saver option .
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Version 2.0.6 Twoflower, copyright 1996-2011 VideoLAN and Authorshttp://www.videolan.org/vlc/
- This plug-in detects the presence of iTunes when opening iTunes Store URLs in a web page with Firefox.
- Gecko Media Player 1.0.6Video Player Plug-in for QuickTime, RealPlayer and Windows Media Player streams using MPlayer
- The Totem 3.0.1 plugin handles video and audio streams.
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:17.0) Gecko/20131030 Firefox/17.0 Iceweasel/17.0.10
this happens with windows if you dont tell windows not to activate the screen saver to to this you can do the following go to start-Control panel- change screen saver then a box pops up and you will see a wait: box with a number and up/down arrows keep clicking up the arrow for how long you want windows to wait to kick on the screen saver and it will fix this issue
Mozilla Volenteer Support help
Jacob, Tip use information aside where it exists.
You appear to be using iceweasel 17. Presumably on a Debian distro.
The equivalent Firefox 17 is no longer supported.
You are probably best asking on a iceweasel support site. If one exists ?
Alternatively you could consider installing Firefox, which is currently Firefox26. That presumes that your system and distro is able to support Firefox 26
You could also consider upgrading iceweasel, but that may depend on the distro you use. (I usually use Ubuntu and am aware some older LTS versions did not ordinarily update Firefox )
- This could be relevant http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=105703 (Could you upgrade to iceweasel equivalent of fx24 ESR)
- I will tag as offtopic
- I will tag as escalate.
Someone may actually answer the question or provide a good link for iceweasel support.
I think that this means that the screen saver on the Linux machine is set for two seconds, but I do not know what xscreensaver demo is? Can you please explain what this is a little bit more?