Cannot receive photos via text messaging, says too big to receive
I can receive photos via blue tooth but when anybody sends photos via text it does not arrive or I am told that the image is too big.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; Trident/7.0; .NET4.0E; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; MAARJS; rv:11.0) like Gecko
Thank you for contacting Mozilla. I understand that you are having problems with receiving pictures via Bluetooth and SMS. In order to better understand and investigate on the issue that you are encountering, please reply to this message with the following information:
- What is the model of your phone? (ZTE Open, LG Fireweb, Alcatel OneTouch Fire)
- What is the OS version found in the Device Information page? Please click on this link if you need help finding the Build ID of your phone.
- Please provide the exact steps to reprodcuce the issue you are encountering.
- Who is your current cell phone carrier?
- How often do you encounter this issue?
Please be sure to include as much detail as possible, including any websites that may exhibit this issue, and any error messages that you may be receiving, exactly as they appear. This will ensure that we will have all the information needed to investigate into this. Thank you for your help and we look forward to hearing from you!
My phone is Firefox OS ZTE and I am with Vodafone I am having problems sending photos by e.mail and also receiving them. This is sporadic but often enough to irritate. I sometimes get messages that URL is not valid and cannot be loaded or that the image is too large to receive. I cannot send photos or receive them by text and have tried to update to 1.1 but nothing at all happens. The OS version is OPEN EU DEV FFOS V1.0.0B01 Hope this helps and please help as this is very frustrating. I can see from the forums that it is a very common problem and I am beginning to feel that I have the wrong phone
Thank you for posting the issue here and providing more information. I did some research on the carrier and this is what I found about sending a receiving messages.
Please call your service provider to find out if there are any limitations on attachment sized for your phone plan.
I tried looking up to verify how to manually set up email for the email app for your phone, but was not sure what model you had: please check here for troubleshooting info http://www.vodafone.com.au/help/devic.../ota-settings if the email is already set up, please ignore.
This lists the networks that work best for sending and receiving pxt in mms overseas and email http://support.vodafone.com.au/articl.../Sending-PXT-to-overseas-numbers PXT®/MMS settings http://support.vodafone.com.au/articl.../PXT-MMS-settings
If this continues after any optimizing changes the service provider recommends:
- Are there download settings set in the email menu
- What is the size of the attachment when this happens?
- Is it a specific file type this consistently happens?
- what kind of email account does this happen with, and is it consistent for other emails as well? If so it may be the apn settings.
If you are unable to access the images from the account with Vodafone, it may be the following bugs that is affecting this.
- Does it happen with pdfs? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=825318
- Does is happen when there is no message?
- Does it happen when it is too large and is there a message? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=949972