How do I install Firefox updates? I have 13.0 and cannot install updates.
How do I install updates? I have tried everything on your website, and nothing works. I have a Mac 10.7.5 and have NEVER been able to install updates. The bar just keeps moving when I tell it to update, but nothing ever happens. It will do this for hours, but never updates. Telephone help would be very helpful. I would appreciate being able to talk to someone who could walk me through this process. Now my bank account site has a message that tells me I need to update Firefox.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Simple plug-in that handles Citrix connection files
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Juniper Networks Safari Extensions
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- RealPlayer Plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:13.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/13.0.1
You can download the current Firefox from the following page (scroll down to your preferred language):
See also: How to download and install Firefox on Mac (skip the part about updating)
Thank you for your advice; however, I tried all the steps in your email, but nothing worked. Do you have any other suggestions? The blue and white bar has been moving for half an hour or more, but no update has been installed . I tried all these routes before, and no update was forthcoming.
Sorry, but what is "the blue and white bar"? I think as a Windows user I don't have as good an insight into how this works on Mac.
If there are problems with updating or with the permissions then best is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox application and save the disk image file to the desktop
- Firefox 25.0.1: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application (open the Applications folder in the Finder and drag the Firefox application to the Trash) to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your personal data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox profile folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data when you uninstall and (re)install Firefox.