Flash wont run in Firefox, screen shows up saying it has crashed, seems like it starts and then immediately crashes and I cannot watch any videos on any site
I just dont know what to do, I have uninstalled and resinstalled flash like 50 times and its like it just starts and crashes immediately and I cannot play any videos, Works fine in Chrome but Firefox, just crashes out. I tried disabling all the add-ons and that didnt finx the problem, Its installed and shows active but its like firefox isnt recongnixing it
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.0
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Version 22.214.171.12410
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.199
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.05
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
You can check for problems with current Flash plugin versions and try these:
- disable a possible RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin extension for Firefox and update the RealPlayer if installed
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
Yeah I tried all those things and nothing seems to correct it.
Just cant figure last attempt at disabling protected mode but it is all jargon to me, to create a line of Protected Mode = 0.
I entered that file and got to the folder and clicked on it but woulnt let me add the line of text Protected Mode = 0.
Just seems like I may need to delete firefox completely with preferences and everythign and see if it works....Just so frustrated since it ran an update on FF to Version 25. and I have Flash 11.9 and tried 11.7 and say problem.
It says Flash has crashed when I go to any website so I hit reload and same screen comes up saying flash has crashed so it seems like it is starting and crashing instantly
You may need to copy the mms.cfg file to the desktop if you can't save the changes.
- (Windows 64bit) C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
- (Windows 32bit) C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
Could you post some submitted crash reports?
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and paste them into your response here.
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Adobe Flash plugin has crashed - Prevent it from happening again article.
Note that Mozilla is developing its own Flash player named Shumway expected to replace Adobe Flash (v28/29).