how do I make Firefox start up when I start my computer?
Is there a way to have FF start automatically when I start my pc?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Google Update
- Conduit Plugin
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.0
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
You can add it to the Windows scheduled tasks or download a Firefox preloading software.
WARNING: Always use caution when downloading content from the internet. I will take no responsibility for any damage caused by a download. Download at your own risk!
thanks, while you have been somewhat helpful.. you assume I know were to add Windows scheduled tasks. Which I do not. :/
View a Windows article.
thanks :) One last question though.. were do I find this task scheduler? (and yes, I did look around but can not find it; even did a search in programs and features). thanks so much :)
I am not familiar with Windows 8.
Does it have a Control Panel? On earlier versions of the Windows operating system, the scheduled tasks are found from there.
I'll do some more searching to see what I can come up with.
Here is a site that explains what you need to know. It has the step-by-step process.
I hope that this will help you.
Does Windows 8.1 still support the Startup folder method of launching apps? On Windows 7, you could launch a program at startup by copying or dragging a shortcut to this folder:
However, since Firefox would run best after your network connection is established, I'm not sure this will be more efficient than starting it manually.
Personally, I use a Firefox preloading software that loads the Firefox program in the background without fully launching it. The
firefox.exe process will continually run. This boosts the Firefox startup time.
I am not sure if the startup folder method is still supported.
I was just going to have magvan add the
firefox.exe as a scheduled task set to run on the computer's startup.
I Think i know how to fix your problem. First at the start menu type run and then type msconfig in the run application. Then a little window shows up. Click the Startup tab in the little window and there you can add some programs that you want to open when your computer starts up!
I Hope this helps