unable to delete certain bookmarks in firefox 6
I have had no problems deleting bookmarks but I am unable to delete certain bookmarks in firefox 6
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- RocketLife Software Component
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Provides information about the default web browser
- DivX Web Player version 126.96.36.199
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.1
Problems with bookmarks and history not working properly can be caused by a corrupted places.sqlite database file.
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox profile folder.
Please update to the current Firefox 25 release.
- Help > About Firefox
The Firefox 6 version that you currently run is no longer supported with security updates.
- It is important to update Firefox and add-ons to the latest version to get all security fixes.
You also need to update Adobe Flash.
Do a plugin check: Mozilla Plugin Check site.
Once you're there, the site will check if all your plugins have the latest versions. If you see plugins in the list that have a yellow Update button or a red Update now button, please update these immediately.
To do so, please click each red or yellow button. Then you should see a site that allows you to download the latest version. Double-click the downloaded file to start the installation and follow the steps mentioned in the installation procedure.
Thanks to you both for your time and suggestions but still got the problem.
Did you try to delete the places.sqlite file to force Firefox to create a new file and restore the bookmarks from a JSON backup in the bookmarkbackups folder?
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)