Navigation between diff windows in firefox has become very slows. Plz Help.
firefox responds very slow when I want to go to a different window that is already opened or if I press + button to open new window/ tab, the response is very slow. Some times the firefox do not responds at all, a message comes that "Firefox is not responding", and after that the browser starts reloading all the pages. This is quite annoying. Kindly help. I am using WIN 7. the system has 3GB RAM, 2.2GHz intel processor, 32 bit OS.
I deleted the sessionstore.js and .bak files and afterwards reset the browser. This has accelerated its response. thnx a lot to both of you.Funda le mpendulo ngokuhambisana nalesi sihloko 0
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_30 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.0"
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
1.Please update to Firefox 19 Update Firefox to the latest version, then reset Firefox again Reset Firefox – easily fix most problems.
2."Firefox hangs when you quit it": https://support.mozilla.org/kb/Firefox+hangs
I think these may help you to solve your problems.
You can check for problems with the sessionstore.js and sessionstore.bak files in the Firefox profile folder that store session data.
Delete the sessionstore.js file and possible sessionstore-##.js files with a number and sessionstore.bak in the Firefox profile folder.
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder (Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder)
Deleting sessionstore.js will cause App Tabs and Tab Groups and open and closed (undo) tabs to get lost and you will have to recreate them (make a note or bookmark them if possible).
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window.
Boot the computer in Windows Safe mode with network support (press F8 on the boot screen) as a test to see if that helps.
I deleted the sessionstore.js and .bak files and afterwards reset the browser. This has accelerated its response. thnx a lot to both of you.
Okulungisiwe ngu naveen_kedia