"Reload" has disappeared from "View" dropdown in navbar. How can I get it back?
In Firefox navbar at top of screen, when I click on "View" I no longer see "Reload page" as an option. I don't see any reload icon either. This just started happening today. I restarted Firefox, then restarted computer, but "Reload" is still gone from "View" dropdown. Is there some magic trick I've missed? Thanks.
Okulungisiwe ngu the-edmeister
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.8
- WebEx64 General Plugin Container Version 205
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- CANON iMAGE GATEWAY MyCamera Download Plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
Yes, I could see if I can get used to doing that for a while. Thanks.
(Does "for the time being" might mean it could come back under View?)
Yes, jscher2000 - I'm on Mac & right click context menu includes "Reload". I'm going to try to remember to use it now rather than moving the mouse ... could be handiest option once I get it in muscle memory. Thank you!
Hi oldtymeffuser, when I wrote "for the time being," I was thinking that someone might create an add-on to add those items back to the menu. Changing built-in Firefox features usually takes many versions (many months) and I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
jsher (and Mac users):
cor-el (above) suggested that Command+R should do a Reload on a Mac, as Ctrl+R does on a Windows PC. It if does work, it might be quicker than using the mouse. Still has the muscle memory problem, tho. I don't have a Mac to try it on.
Yes , CAPete, Command+R does reload page on Mac -- different hand, though, for folks who are right-handed mousers. I'm going to try to accustom myself to using both Command+R and right-click/Reload ... just for the dexterity of it (and building new neural connections in my brain :).
Hi all, Is my addon "Comeback View Menuitems" will help for you? https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/comeback-view-menuitems/
It would be easier if you could extract the strings from the browser.dtd file.
Then you can support all locales.
- Bug 519937 - Remove "Back", "Forward" and "Home" from History menu
- Bug 513168 - Remove "Stop" and "Reload" from View menu
Hi cor-el, Thank you reply valuable information for me.
I thought removed menuitem also removed from browser.dtd.
Yes I can use that for the time being although days later I'm still going to the View menu. I wonder how many people are simply just changing browsers.