Why does the version number in "About FF" not display the full number, i.e. 25.10?
Currently, when I click on Help, then About Firefox, the version number is shown as 25.0. I am on the Beta channel and know that I'm using the latest version - 25.11 - so I'm curious as to why the program doesn't show the complete version number. It's a minor thing, but if you went to the trouble to insert code to display the program version number, then why not make it complete?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Version 18.104.22.16856
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 d900
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.40.2 for Mozilla browsers
- LastPass Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Picasa plugin
- Logitech Harmony Remote Plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0
That's not how versioning works, there is Firefox 25.0b10 but not Firefox 25.10. I believe going to about:support will show you the current version, if all else fails, just make sure you are up to date.
In the Troubleshooting Information screen (about:support) click on Show Update History.
You can also open Help > Troubleshooting Information and click Build Configuration to open the about:buildconfig page.
If you click the Built from link under Source then you can see which beta version you currently have.
- Automated checkin: version bump for firefox 25.0b11 release. DONTBUILD CLOSED TREE a=release
(you have to check for updates if you still have beta 10)
While I appreciate the responses and directions to find the version number, I don't think my original question has been answered. Why isn't the full version string displayed on the "About Firefox" display screen? I use to write programs in VB6 and always included the code to display the program version (and build date) on an information screen for the user.
Firefox never did display full beta information in About Firefox, and as of somewhat recently Firefox doesn't display the full version information for even the release versions.