Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
How to uninstall Firefox if Add/Remove programs won't work?
My Firefox is completely unresponsive. I can't get a browser or anything. I just grabbed the application folder and threw it in the trash, because the add/remove program function did nothing. I also cannot download the newest version of Firefox. It tries, but then says, "Your download was interrupted".
How can I make sure I've removed ALL of the old Firefox and what can I do to download the new one?
All Replies (5)
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
Yes, as I said I went to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox and threw Firefox in the trash from there. I'm not computer savvy and don't know if that does anything, but Add/Remove programs did nothing. I've also had to download the latest version of Firefox on a thumb drive from my laptop and reinstall it on my desktop computer because without Firefox I can't access the internet. But as I said, when I try to load Firefox it stops half way through and says "Your download was interrupted".
This all started when I did a system restore. Can doing that somehow interfere with Firefox? Since it quit working, I did another restore to a known good date, but Firefox will still not respond. When I click the icon it just goes, "bonk" like I did something wrong.
I cannot open Firefox in Safe Mode. I get no browser at all. "Bonk".
"This all started when I did a system restore. Can doing that somehow interfere with Firefox"
Its profile corruption, and that does happen at times on system restores.
Create a new profile how-to: Profile Manager - Create, remove or switch Firefox profiles
Recovering stuff from a old profile (hopefully you dont move corrupt files): Recovering important data from an old profile
You may also want to download the full file version if loading from a flash drive (or just do it in any case, as the stub installer has problems on some systems).
This was the best advice of all! I downloaded the full file version (since I had to load from a flash drive) and it worked perfectly! I have my Firefox back! And it kept my profile too, which is awesome. Thanks so much for your help.