fire fox is already running
no matter what i tried i kept getting firefox is already running , i could get rid of it for a few hours then it was back, i tried everything that was suggested everywhere,i remembered i had no trouble with firefox beta and i went back to that and no problems since, why is this?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 18.104.22.168
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- Picasa plugin
- Facebook Desktop Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Virtual Earth 3D 4.00100226006 plugin for Mozilla
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Windows Multimedia Services DRM Store Plug-In
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0
Have you tried ALL the instructions in the "Firefox is already running but is not responding" error message - How to fix it article?
Try Firefox Safe Mode to see if the problem goes away. Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open Firefox 4.0+ in Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you open the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or open the Help menu and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Once you get the pop-up, just select "'Start in Safe Mode"
If the issue is not present in Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one. Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before opening Firefox for normal use again.
Please report back soon.
hi, when i said everything ,i meant everything, had the problem for a few months, seached internet for answers, nothing worked, my question is why does beta work ok and not the regular, puzzeled
Saying "Everything" can mean a large list of things.
I don't know what you have tried so I hope that you haven't tried this:
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps:
Note: You might want to print these steps or view them in another browser.
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu).
- Delete the Firefox installation folder, which is located in one of these locations, by default:
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Mac: Delete Firefox from the Applications folder.
- Linux: If you installed Firefox with the distro-based package manager, you should use the same way to uninstall it - see Install Firefox on Linux. If you downloaded and installed the binary package from the Firefox download page, simply remove the folder firefox in your home directory.
- Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back soon. If you have already tried this, I apologize in advance.
hi, i said everything because listing it would take all day, i tried for 3 months the beta version is even using all my last firefox reinstall settings and add ons,EVERYTHING i tried seemed to work for a few hours and sometimes a whole day, since going to beta version a few weeks ago i have not had the problem since, this is on two different computers, beta fixed both
Have you deleted the firefox folder directory as ComputerWhiz stated above? Also note you cant run Beta and regular Firefox at the same time.
Hi, I am having no problem running the beta version WHY is my question, thank you
There are many reasons that the beta version of Firefox would work and the official version would not.
Are you interested in fixing the issue with the official release or do you just want to stay with the beta?
I have the same problem since the update to version 25.0.1.
only thing i found was to download an old version and not let it update past 24
Thus, this seems to be a bug in version 25.x (although I have seen it only with 25.01, it may have existed earlier without me noticing it). How do we notify Mozilla developers about this ?
I am glad to hear that your problem has been resolved.
If you have not already, please mark this thread as solved by marking the solution.
This will help other users experiencing similar problems find help faster and more efficiently.
I hope you continue using our products and thank you for contacting Mozilla Support.
It is s amazing how people answer anything without reading what is in the post...
Dear AjayJogawath, if you has read my post, you 'd have seen (i) that the problem is NOT appropriately solved (and not the question owner either...). (ii) that I raised a specific question (please, read my post).
Okulungisiwe ngu bornival
If none of the above responses help you solve your problem, please create a new thread containing your specific details.
This will allow us to give you more personalized help.
Please post the thread link here when you have done so.
This is a bit ... (ok, let us not say about what we think...). Both the question owner and mys-self have the same problem. Both tried EVERYTHING but to no avail. Thus, why starting en new thread for a problem we already described ? This is actually problem for the developers and I was hoping for answer in this context. How do we contact them ?
Okulungisiwe ngu bornival
The people who answer questions here, for the most part, are other Firefox users volunteering their time (like me), not Mozilla employees or Firefox developers.
If you want to leave feedback for Firefox developers, you can go to the Firefox Help menu and select Submit Feedback... or use this link. (You'll need to be on the latest version of Firefox to submit feedback). Your feedback gets collected at http://input.mozilla.org/, where a team of people read it and gather data about the most common issues.
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from an existing profile to the new profile, but be cautious not to copy corrupted files to avoid carrying over the problem.