I can't delete bookmarks directly from bookmark toolbar using the right-click.
When a bookmark is visible at the toolbar I can simply right-click and select "delete", but when I put more and the bookmark page goes to the "arrow" I am not able to do the right-click to delete the bookmark.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
You can remove those bookmarks in the Bookmarks/History Manager (Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks) if you can't do this via the right-click context menu. You should find them in the Bookmarks Toolbar folder.
Thank you all for trying to help, I tried to Reset and it doesn't fix the problem, I still can go to bookmarks > Show all bookmarks, but it's uncomfortable, I think that the easiest way to delete a bookmark is just clicking to the right button and "delete", I'm able to do that, but just when I can see the bookmark. At the second image attached I was constantly trying to do the right-click in the bookmark inside the folder but nothing happens, as well when the bookmark is hidden in the "arrow" I can't delete it in the same way. At the first image when I right-click I'm able to delete it. Could it be a bug? or it's something on my MB?
Okulungisiwe ngu mannueldp
This works the way you expect on Windows (same right-click context menu on the bar, in folders on the bar, and in the drop-down at the right end of the bar). I wonder whether it's an issue with right-mouse-button support on MacOSX? Does Ctrl+click work any better?
jscher2000, probably it's an issue with the right-click support on MacOSX, I tried Ctrl+click, Command+click and a lot of combinations but nothing works. Thank you for help me, but the problem persists. :(
Okulungisiwe ngu mannueldp
You should also be able to do this in the Bookmarks sidebar (View > Sidebar > Bookmarks).
I had that problem when the right click menu was greyed out using the Bookmarks menu item. It happened after I changed the name of one of the folders in my bookmarks. I just restarted Firefox and everything worked fine again. I find that restarting a program is often the software equivalent of the hardware power off/power on solution. Easiest thing to do, and often works.