Firefox continually crashing, no solution, help!
Firefox crashes with 2 hours to sometimes 1 minute intervals - never the same, always random. I am always doing something different at the time. I have tried: Uninstalling/reinstalling firefox, checking for viruses and malware, clearing all kinds of cookies and files, troubleshooting MANY times and each time Firefox crashes, I send a report along with my email, but never get any replies. Please, PLEASE help. It even crashed while writing this report.
I use Windows 7.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 11.8 r800
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- Unity Player 3.5.5f4
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:22.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/22.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problem? Please report back to us!
No, but here are my last crash reports.
bp-d42cc2ca-9565-4e08-90f5-f03be2130718 18/07/2013 11:02 p.m. bp-02ab674d-9ec8-4a43-91cd-671642130718 18/07/2013 10:53 p.m. bp-67eef627-dd1c-4826-9caa-c849d2130718 18/07/2013 6:49 p.m. bp-f59dfff7-1d95-4b7b-b81a-cd8dc2130718 18/07/2013 6:47 p.m. bp-e4c6a959-6a8a-4396-8bad-36ee92130718 18/07/2013 6:46 p.m.
Okulungisiwe ngu cor-el
Thank you. Is Firefox the only program that is crashing, or are the OS and other programs crashing as well?
No, it is only Firefox. Internet Explorer and other programs work fine.
I contacted the Firefox team, and they said that they have been getting a lot of similar crashes lately, usually caused by "overclocking." Could you please try turning it off or down.
How do I do that?
How do I turn off overclocking?
You need to do that for the CPU (processor) in the BIOS setup when booting the computer.
The Graphics Display card usually comes with a program (accessible via the Control Panel) to make such changes.
I still do not know how to turn it off, I am in no way an expert.
According to an assessment, my computer is "factory overclocked" and I should not change it at all.
Is there some other way to fix Firefox from crashing?
If there is definitely no other way, please give exact instructions.
If you didn't make such changes yourself then it is not likely that such changes have been made.
Then could you please help with the original question? Firefox is still crashing every few minutes. I can't even type emails anymore without losing everything.
This problem is still not fixed.
here are some crash reports prefixed bp:
bp-18fbaa59-f0dd-4793-9d65-a29f32130730 7/30/2013 6:28 AM bp-82650415-deaa-41c2-a362-cc3cc2130730 7/30/2013 6:12 AM bp-7d87490e-ceda-47b0-9cb7-074f72130920 7/22/2013 7:48 AM bp-a8f62765-f417-4d06-86c2-0f1432130706 7/6/2013 7:34 AM bp-4a361a75-f65e-478d-a9a1-798702130701 7/1/2013 6:44 AM
Looks like a problem with the Flash plugin.
You can check for problems with current Flash plugin versions and try these:
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Flash 11.3+ on Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin