Force cache refresh for my website
I have a problem on my website : http://kevinpounot.olympe.in/
This problem appear just with Firefox.
When I update my site with new photo or if I change the main page, the modifications does not appear in Firefox. The browser just load the caching version of my website and the new stuff is not here.
I already tried some codes like :
<HEAD> <META http-equiv="Cache-Control" content="no-cache"> <META http-equiv="Pragma" content="no-cache"> <META http-equiv="Expires" content="0"> </HEAD>
<?php header("Expires: Mon, 26 Jul 1997 05:00:00 GMT"); header("Last-Modified: " . gmdate("D, d M Y H:i:s") . " GMT"); header("Cache-Control: no-cache, must-revalidate"); header("Pragma: no-cache"); ?>
Nothing works. Is there a code which could force the browser to refresh cache and load the latest version of the site ?
PS : Sorry for possible mistakes in my english. ;)
Okulungisiwe ngu cor-el
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- HP Pit Plugin
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- HP Active Check Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.21.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:20.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/20.0
Try posting at the Web Development / Standards Evangelism forum at MozillaZine. The helpers over there are more knowledgeable about web page development issues with Firefox.
You'll need to register and login to be able to post in that forum.
Reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Press and hold Shift and left-click the Reload button.
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (MAC)
The first thing to check is whether you have any caching plugins like WPSuper cache if you are using a CMS like Wordpress.
These create temporary HTML versions of your page so it is not enough to deactivate them, you have to activate them and then delete their cache from their settings page.
If you are a developer and never want cache loaded then
enter the following into your address bar
Tell it you understand it is dangerous
enter cache into the search bar and look for
Read about what it does here
clicking it sets it to false
This will make firefox slower but will work
You can use this as an alternative
read about it here
basically the settings are
0 Check for a new version of a page once per session 1 Check for a new version every time a page is loaded. 2 Never check for a new version - always load the page from cache. 3 Check for a new version when the page is out of date. (Default)
but this does not work so well for me
must be set to true for
to make any difference
Note that your ISP may be caching, if so consider using different nameservers like openDNS or Google DNS
Okulungisiwe ngu FedUp