The WINDOWS TASK MANAGER 2nd tab: Processes. shows up many firefox with different mem use but FIREFOX no start
I have persistent problems with FIREFOX start delay. After I click to start FIREFOX, FIREFOX does not come up but the WINDOWS TASK MANAGER 2nd tab: Processes. shows up many firefox process with different mem use but FIREFOX simply don't come up!
If I am lucky, I can start FIREFOX from shortcut after I "END THE PROCESS TREE" of all FIREFOX in TM's 2nd tab.
I reset and reinstall FIREFOX many time but no fix.
Please let me know how to start up FIREFOX without delays! email@example.com
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.02
- Google Update
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Picasa plugin
- npsosalbum Module
- Launches Gyre SoShare
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.23
- Version 188.8.131.5212
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- BaiduPlayer Browser Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- pptv plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:21.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/21.0
One possibility is that when you close Firefox, it is not shutting down fully. This kind of "hang at exit" can be caused by add-ons. After a Reset you are free of extensions, but you still have many, many plugins. Could you try disabling all the ones that you can live without for 24 hours? I think Shockwave Flash might be the only one that's really essential for browsing.
Another possibility is that a separate process on your system is running one or more hidden instances of Firefox. It would be a good idea to do some supplemental malware scans, particularly if you notice this problem after restarting Windows when you have not yet started up Firefox.
These two tools are highly regarded:
Malwarebytes Anti-malware : http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free
SUPERAntiSpyware : http://www.superantispyware.com/
I'm having the same problem, and I have been for a few weeks. The problem occurs both at work and at home with very different browser setups (both are running version 20 on a Windows 7 64-bit, but the addons and configurations are rather dissimilar).
The behavior doesn't happen all the time, but often it's not after a restart but after a full boot (whether by restart or from full shutdown) so at least for me it doesn't appear to be related to the incomplete shutdown of Firefox.