Problem is 1 website which I had downloaded a pdf from keeps popping up a window for me to download again. This iwindow is ALWAYS opening and I have to click ca
Problem: There is 1 website which I had downloaded a pdf from in the past, now this download window continues to popup every couple minutes with a window for me to download again. When this download windows opens I have to click "cancel" repeatedly to get it to close.
I use to have this issue about a year ago, but I found the problem with a program and uninstalled it. But I am not finding anything like that this time.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
If this happens when you click the Home button then check if you haven't included an automatic download page as one of the home pages.
Firefox supports multiple home pages separated by '|' symbols
Try to delete the downloads.sqlite file in the Firefox profile folder.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder
You can try to reset Firefox if the above didn't fix it.
If you reset Firefox then a new profile is created and some of your data (bookmarks, passwords, cookies, form data) is automatically imported and your current profile will be moved to the desktop (Old Firefox Data).
You can recover more data from the old profile (be cautious with doing that).