how do i make firefox my home page
I installed an app that changed my home page and default search engine to one I don't like, How can I change them back to Firefox.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Conduit Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.6 r602
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.6
- MindSpark Toolbar Platform Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- Popular Screensavers Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.528
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Unity Player 3.5.3f3
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- My Web Search Plugin Stub for 32-bit Windows
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Firefox is a browser, not a web site. To change your home page, do that from Options > General. To change the default search engine accessed from the address bar, change the address in the about:config window in keyword.URL.
Does anyone know how to make my homepage on Firefox to appear like or by comparison to Google?
Try to use the SearchReset extension to reset some preferences to the default values.
Note that the SearchReset extension only runs once and then uninstalls automatically, so it won't show on the "Firefox > Add-ons" page (about:addons).
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window or otherwise make changes.
If you do not keep changes after a restart, see:
You could set your home page to about:home if you want the default Google search home page.