How do I get rid of unwanted ads on my homepage
When I open my home page, ads not supported by the site pop up at the top, moving the page down so i can't read the news. In a few seconds it moves to the bottom of the page where another unwanted ad is shown. How do I get rid of them? I have already checked "Block Popup Windows". What else can I do?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.01
- Picasa plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader PepperFlashVideoShim Plug-In
- RealNetworks(tm) RealDownloader HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealDownloader Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1995
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:18.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/18.0
this might be a problem possibly caused by adware on your pc. please go to firefox > addons > extensions & remove any suspicious entries (toolbars, things that you have not installed intentionally, don't know what purpose they serve, etc). also go to the windows control panel / programs and remove all toolbars or potentially unwanted software from there and do a full scan of your system with the security software that you have in place and different other tools like the free version of malwarebytes & adwcleaner.
Sometimes a problem with Firefox may be a result of malware installed on your computer, that you may not be aware of.
You can try these free programs to scan for malware, which work with your existing antivirus software:
Microsoft Security Essentials is a good permanent antivirus for Windows 7/Vista/XP if you don't already have one.
Further information can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox issues caused by malware article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
You should update or check your directions. I wasn't able to find "firefox" and right clicking on the task bar icon didn't yield anything. I went hunting and found it as a drop-down option under TOOLS.
Also, I'm quite sure it's ad/spy ware but Malware Bytes, ESET Virus, and SUPERAntiSpyware have all come up ZERO.
My ads are 2" square boxes bottom right of EVERY new page. Fortunately there's an X to close it, but it gets sannoying. Clearly I'm going to have to buy something else.
IE is a problem, now Firefox is a problem. I dislike Chrome intensely. Solution? Dump the PC and get a Mac - that's where my money's going next time.
Extensions showed Info Atoms 188.8.131.52. When I disabled it......voila! No more ads