Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Keyboard not working in Mozilla
My laptop’s keyboard is not working in Mozilla at all but works anywhere else. I am currently writing this in Word and cut and pasting it into the feedback box. I really need to fix this because it’s really making things difficult because I really don’t want to use another browser. I’ve already tried restarting with all my plugins disabled but that hasn’t helped and I have the newest version of Mozilla. I have not downloaded anything recently and have no idea why this started. The last thing I typed was into youtube which worked but as soon as I typed something else my keyboard wouldn’t work.
All Replies (5)
Did you try to reboot the computer?
It is possible that you have switched the keyboard layout by accident.
- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258824 - How to change your keyboard layout
Windows remembers the keyboard layout setting per application and you may have changed the keyboard layout by accident via a keyboard shortcut.
- http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/The-Language-bar-overview The Language bar (overview)
- Make sure that you have the Language bar visible on the Windows Taskbar
- You can do that via the right-click context menu of the Taskbar: Toolbars > Language Bar
- Check the keyboard language (keyboard layout) setting for the application that has focus via the icon on the Language bar
- You need to do that while Firefox has focus because Windows remembers the keyboard layout setting per application
- The default key combination to rotate the layout is the Ctrl+Shift or Alt+Shift combination that Firefox uses for some menu items
- To avoid an unintentional switch, assign a specific key sequence (Alt/Ctrl+Shift+number) to select keyboard layouts and remove the key combination to rotate layouts (Alt+Shift or Ctrl+Shift)
Mine wasn't working for some reason either. I opened On Screen Keyboard to type and while it was open tried typing again and it worked. Sudden and strange. Hope this might help anyone else.
I have this problem since I am on Windows 8/Bootcamp/iMac 27'.
I noticed that it is because the Windows key (command key on mac keyboard) is active, by pressing this key, the keyboard works again...
I assume I must hit the Windows key by mistake... Strange because I do not have this issue on other systems.
I have a similar issue with Word 2013, suddenly keys B, C and W stop working, again it is the Windows key.
My keyboard no longer works in Firefox 21.0, I've tried resetting Firefox - rebooting - unpluging the keyboard and pluging it back in. I've disabled all add-ons. My keyboard works fine in all other apps and on Windows 7 in general.
I've run malwarebytes and roughkiller and a few others and shows no virus (I've kept this fairly new build clean since getgo)
Please someone help with this issue. I'm using ms internet explorer now (ugh) and need to know if I should go back to an older version of Firefox.