How do I make a desktop icon FROM an existing bookmark?
I placed a new bookmark into the unsorted bookmarks of the FireFox browser. I would like to make it a desktop icon that, when pushed, would go right to that particular website. Possible, or not? THANKS!
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.2
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.523
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:10.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0.1
- Resize the Firefox window so that part of your desktop is showing.
- Click the Firefox button, then the Bookmarks menu item, or press Ctrl+Shift+B.
- Drag the bookmark onto the desktop to create a shortcut. You can also drag the globe or site icon from the address bar, or bookmark items from the Bookmarks Toolbar or the sidebar.
It looks like you're using Firefox 10.0.1, which is a very old obsolete version that exposes your system to security vulnerabilities. It also uses the Firefox page icon when creating shortcuts, unlike the latest version, which uses the site icon.
I had one and it disappeared.I tried saving a new one and all it went to was the page of that day.
You can modify a copy of the Firefox desktop shortcut and add that URL to the target field.
You can look at extensions: