The RSS button does not work for me — it is gray, not blue
MacBook Pro OS10.8.2 When I go to a page that offers an RSS feed, I can't use the button to set it up in Firefox. I use Mail for e-mail. I rarely use Safari. Firefox is my default browser. I checked the Preferences for Firefox, Mail, Safari, and the System Preferences. I don't see anything about RSS feeds. But it seems to me that it must be a preference set somewhere that makes the Firefox RSS button fail.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Plugin to display and edit chemical structures.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- FreeWRL VRML Browser plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:17.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/17.0
Does this also happen on theses forum pages?
Can you post a link to a (public) page that can be accessed without authentication (log in)?
If that item also grayed in the Bookmarks menu (Subscribe to This Page…)?
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
This is the 3rd time I've typed this b/c it keeps disappearing when I go to another page. Yes, the RSS button is blue on this page. https://support.mozilla.org... But when I go to the cor-el page it is gray. Here is an example at http://whn.sites.wooster.edu/ When I go to this page the RSS button is gray. See under RSS feeds at right. When I click on Today's WHN, I see the image below. And if I use the drop-down menu to Choose Application and select FF this doesn't work; the drop-down just goes back to Mail. My husband has same ver FF and same ver OSX. When he clicks on Today's WHN he gets a window that allows him to press the Subscribe button. And, under View/sidebar he sees a third item Feeds. I do not. And, when he presses the RSS button he sees a list of feeds. I do not.
I started FF in safe mode and the RSS button does not work. No change. I am using the default theme.
Okulungisiwe ngu vbpett
Solved the problem.
Can you tell us what was needed to solve your problem?
It may help others who read this thread.