The bottom of my internet page is cut off behind the bottom task bar of my computer. How do I get it back so I can see all of the page?
Recently the bottom of my internet pages have been getting cut off. I have a clear bottom task bar so I can semi see what's behind it, but I want to get it back where the page fits within the window.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_33 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1243
- Pando Web Plugin
- DivX Plus Web Player version 126.96.36.1999
- NPAPI plugin to host SDM ActiveX
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
hello redrhines13, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once? if not, maybe a theme or extension is interfering here...
when I open it in safe mode the entire bottom task bar is gone. I still want it to be there, but I just want my page to fit in between the top and bottom task bars.
hey, i'm not exactly sure what you mean by taskbar - is it the bottom taskbar integrated into windows, the add-on bar in firefox or a different toolbar that is added by an extension? maybe you could attach a screenshot of the issue to clear things up. thank you...
oh ya sorry I actually don't know what it's called, but here
its cutting off the bottom part of the internet page. It's clear so I can see the text from my internet page behind it, but it didn't use to be like that so I was wondering how can I get it back to the way it was before.
ok, yes that's the taskbar of windows - it's kind of strange that it disappears when you run firefox in safemode - those 2 things shouldn't be connected to each other... one thing you could try is going to firefox > help > troubleshooting information and click on profile folder/show folder. a windows explorer window should open up - in there delete the file named localstore.rdf (it stores the settings for firefox' window positioning & sizes) & restart firefox afterwards.
edit: in addition when you right-click the taskbar & select properties, make sure that the option to auto-hide the bar is unchecked!
Okulungisiwe ngu philipp
Ya in safe mode it looks like this. I want the windows taskbar there I just don't want it to cut off the bottom of my internet page.
did any of the two suggestions from above work?
no I tried both and no luck.
hello, though it's probably not related to the issue, please also try updating your plugins (some of them are out-dated & have security vulnerabilities that are actively exploited on the web) & disable those you don't need in firefox > addons > plugins.
I did everything yous said then I restarted my computer and it worked THANKS!!
you're welcome :-)