FF17: New cookies don't get stored, existing cookies are not recognized by websites
Since upgrading to FF17 I get requests for new cookies each and every day - even for websites that I'm surfing on since years, and for which the cookie settings clearly state to accept them automatically (if only session based). Accordingly, these sites have cookies stored in my profile, but FF seems to be no longer able to pick those up.
To me this looks like a bug in the program, as nothing else has changed between running (happily) on FF16 and upgrading to FF17.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- PDF-XChange Viewer Netscape Gecko Plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
See this thread.
Make sure that you do not run Firefox in (permanent) Private Browsing mode.
When using "Clear history when Firefox closes":
- do not clear the "Cookies" and the "Site Preferences"
If clearing cookies doesn't work then it is possible that the cookies.sqlite file that stores the cookies is corrupted.
Rename (or delete) cookies.sqlite (cookies.sqlite.old) and delete other present cookie files like cookies.sqlite-journal in the Firefox Profile Folder in case the file cookies.sqlite got corrupted.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder