Why do I keep getting the prompt to" install the latest version" when I have already downloaded it? How do I get rid of these prompts from several websites?
When I check the version of Firefox I have on my computer, it says FF3. However, when I go to various sites, I keep getting the prompt that my browser is not up to date and I may not be able to view it all. when I sign in, I also get the message to update and I have done this several times with no deletion of the prompt. Should I remove FF and then reinstall it? Can you give me steps I need to take to make these prompts disappear? Thanks.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 184.108.40.206
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/18.104.22.168 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Rebooted, installed several times the latest update/version.
hello - firefox 17 is the current version. in case you're still getting those messages after upgrading to the latest version as described above, you might have to reset the useragent (the information the browser sends to websites to identify its version) - at the moment it (apparently mistakenly) shows you're on firefox version 22.214.171.124: Websites say that Firefox is outdated or incompatible even though it's the latest version
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/188.8.131.52 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Websites see the version of Firefox you are using as 184.108.40.206 - you probably have a corrupted UserAgent string.
See Firefox is showing the wrong User Agent in this support article: