I am trying to get rid of the bar asking me to help or no on start up.I have followed instructions re advanced settings but it will not go away!
I am trying to get rid of the bar asking me to help or no on startup I have followed instructions re general /advanced/submit performance data but it will not go away!
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 11.5 r502
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_37 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Zeon PDF Plugin For Mozilla
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
You can update Firefox via Help (Alt + H) > About Firefox and check. Alternatively from https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
If the problem persists you can try to right-click and Toggle the key toolkit.telemetry.enabled to True and also set toolkit.telemetry.prompted to 2 in about:config. If the second key is missing you can right-click > New > Integer and enter toolkit.telemetry.prompted in the first prompt, and 2 in the second prompt.
The Config Descriptions add-on adds helpful source comments in about:config.
If the above fails you can reset Firefox and start afresh.
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
You can check for problems with preferences and try to rename or delete the prefs.js file and possible numbered prefs-##.js files and a possible user.js file to reset all prefs to the default values.