"mail to" does not appear in apps list, so cant change default email to yahoo.
. I cant get Yahoo mail to appear as a default mail option for firefox:
because I cant proceed past the "scroll down to 'mailto' in the 'apps' step of the instructions provided by Support. I'm stuck there because 'mailto' isn't on the list.
Right clicking on Outlook(the current email default I cant get rid of)does nothing.
Ive since modified Micro Office and deleted Outlook entirely, but that didn't make Yahoo Mail magically appear as an option anywhere.
I cant get Yahoo mail to appear as an option for default email for Windows 7 either. I can get to the page where you may choose how Windows uses various defaults, but Yahoo isn't there.
I downloaded the latest Yahoo toolbar as I had in the past for IE and nothing changed (what I DID get stuck with is an irritating as hell, loud alert tone that sounds with every email I get--even when there's music playing or a movie on--and flashes me a constant reminder on lower left of screen that I have 785 unread messages)
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:17.0) Gecko/17.0 Firefox/17.0
The Reset Firefox feature can fix many issues by restoring Firefox to its factory default state while saving your essential information. Note: This will cause you to lose any Extensions, Open websites, and some Preferences.
To Reset Firefox do the following:
- Go to Firefox > Help > Troubleshooting Information.
- Click the "Reset Firefox" button.
- Firefox will close and reset. After Firefox is done, it will show a window with the information that is imported. Click Finish.
- Firefox will open with all factory defaults applied.
Further information can be found in the Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
Try to delete the mimeTypes.rdf file in the Firefox Profile Folder to reset all file actions.
You can use this button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Show Folder