I want to download Firefox 17 to a jump drive on a Windows machine and install it on my Mac. Can I do this?
I live in Mountain View and use Google WiFi which is provided by Google for the City of Mountain View. For the past few months, they have been having a BIG problem with the corruption of downloads. Even teensy tiny ones. Perhaps you've heard about it since you're also in Mountain View. They have not responded to repeated posts from the forum... I have an iMac running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and I haven't been able to update my software. I go to Lane Medical Library at Stanford to use the Windows machines there. I load whatever standalone software that I can onto a jump drive and install it at home. Unfortunately, some sites (like Apple and maybe even Mozilla!) recognize the computer you're on and only allow you to download software compatible with the machine that you are actually sitting at. This means that I can't reinstall Safari because I can't get a copy of it. And it looks like I might not be able to install Firefox 17.0 either. At least, that's what I'm trying to find out. "We've made some educated guesses about your current browser and operating system." See what I mean? So when I go to the library, will I be able to download a copy of Firefox 17.0 for the Mac and install it on my computer at home? Thanks!
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Facebook Video Calling by Skype
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Picasa plugin.
- DivX Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
You can find the latest Firefox release in all languages and for all Operating Systems here:
- Firefox 17.0.x: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
Download and save the DMG file for Mac on the jump drive and install the program in the usual way.
Thanks for your super speedy response!