Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Firefox will not let me go to any address or use the Return key/Enter button in any way
I just installed Firefox. When I type an address into the address bar and hit the Enter button, nothing happens. Even clicking on the arrow/go button in the address bar does not work. I cannot use the search bar in Firefox, either. I've even gone as far as disabling every single addon that came with firefox and even uninstalled my antivirus, but nothing works.
All Replies (1)
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
There may be extensions and plugins installed by default in a new profile, so check that in "Tools > Add-ons > Extensions & Plugins" in case there are still problems.
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from the old profile to that new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.
If that still doesn't help the do a clean reinstall and delete the Firefox program folder before reinstalling a fresh copy of Firefox.
- C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\
Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.
- Firefox 16.0.x: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
Uninstall your current Firefox version, if possible, to cleanup the Windows registry and settings in security software.
- Do NOT remove personal data when you uninstall your current Firefox version, because all profile folders will be removed and you will also lose your personal data like bookmarks and passwords from profiles of other Firefox versions.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored in the Firefox Profile Folder and won't be affected by an uninstall and (re)install, but make sure that "remove personal data" is NOT selected when you uninstall Firefox.