Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
I have reset Firefox but still I cannot load or enlarge images on websites, eg hotel photo galleries. Help!
In Firefox I can no longer load images from thumbnails on websites. I get a black enlargement space with a blank picture. This is true for any website with thumbnail images or photo galleries, eg hotel websites, property sale ads, etc. From memory, this has been a problem at least since the last Firefox upgrade.
All Replies (1)
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
If images are missing then check that you aren't blocking images from some domains.
- Check the permissions for the domain in the current tab in "Tools > Page Info > Permissions"
- Check that images are enabled: Tools > Options > Content: [X] Load images automatically
- Check the exceptions in "Tools > Options > Content: Load Images > Exceptions"
- Check the "Tools > Page Info > Media" tab for blocked images (scroll through all the images with the cursor Down key).
If an image in the list is grayed and there is a check-mark in the box "Block Images from..." then remove that mark to unblock the images from that domain.
Make sure that you do not block third-party images, the permissions.default.image pref should be 1.
There are also extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) and security software (firewall, anti-virus) that can block images.