Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Can not install Firefox on a Windows 7 pc
I try to install Firefox v16 on a windows 7 Home Edition pc. But the installation stoppes after very short time. I have downloaded the installation to my pc. When I start the installation following happens : It extract the files. Ask for installation 'mode' Ask if I want FF as standard browser. Starts installation and then it stopps saying 'Windows stopped working' (Do not now the right english words :-) the Windows version is Danish) In the folder 'Programs (x86)' I got a folder with the name 'Mozilla Firefox' and in this folder I have an file called 'install.txt' And it says it only has installed 2 files :
Any one how know this problem ?
All Replies (5)
Certain Firefox problems can be solved by performing a Clean reinstall. This means you remove Firefox and any leftover program files and then reinstall Firefox. Please follow these steps one by one:
- Download the latest Desktop version of Firefox from http://www.mozilla.org and save the setup file to your computer.
- After the download finishes, close all Firefox windows (click Exit from the Firefox or File menu) and confirm all upcoming messages.
- Now, uninstall Firefox by following the steps mentioned in the Uninstall Firefox article.
IMPORTANT: On Windows, the uninstaller has the option to remove your personal data and settings. Make sure that you do not check this option; otherwise all of your bookmarks, passwords, extensions, user customizations and other Firefox user profile data will be removed from your computer.
After uninstalling Firefox on Windows, delete the "Mozilla Firefox" program folder, located by default in one of these locations:
- (On 32-bit Windows) C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
- (On 64-bit Windows) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox
- Go to the Windows Start menu and click on "Computer".
- In the Explorer window that opens, double click Local Disk (C:) to open the C:\ drive.
- Find the "Program Files (x86)" folder or "Program Files" folder.
- On 32-bit Windows, double-click the Program Files folder to open it.
- On 64-bit Windows, you will see a "Program Files (x86)" folder AND a "Program Files" folder. Open the Program Files (x86) folder.
- Look for a Mozilla Firefox folder. If you find one, right-click it and select Delete and confirm that you want to move the folder to the Recycle Bin.
Now, go ahead and reinstall Firefox:
- Double-click the downloaded installation file and go through the steps of the installation wizard.
- Once the wizard is finished, choose to directly open Firefox after clicking the Finish button.
Please report back to see if this helped you!
I still have the same problem. The installation stoppes before it is finished.
IE is working fine in both 32-bit and 64-bit. So I have access to the internet.
I face the same problem if I try to install Google Chrome (Sorry).
Hi, did you try to run the file as Administrator ?
Yes. There is no difference if I run the program as user or as administrator.
Could it be a windows component that is missing ?
hi, can you try to download one more time the file from : ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/16.0.2/win32/
also disable firewall and every security software for a while and try to install firefox.