can I click on "bookmarks" and have the drop down menu display ONLY the file imported from Safari?
I am trying to achieve a one click drop down menu without side selection for "Safari". Possibly I need to drag bookmarks and folders from the "Safari" folder into the "unsupported " folder, but when I tried this it doubled everything I drug in.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 10.1.4
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
You should be able to move items from the submenu to the main menu without doubling. For moves and cleanups, are you using the Bookmarks Organizer AKA Library dialog?
Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks
I did find that I could move bookmarks and folders out of the "imported from Safari" folder onto the "unsorted bookmarks" folder. Removed the Safari folder and made sure the "bookmarks menu" was empty, and then closed show all bookmarks. Hoping that when I opened Bookmarks from the very top line of Apple menu items, the only list that would pop down would be the one that I just constructed in "unsorted bookmarks". But alas, what pops down is no visible bookmarks. You have to slide down to "unsorted" which pops open a window offset to the right with what I really want to see, the list of bookmarks that I assembled in Unsorted.
It's better not to use the Unsorted Bookmarks folder for your bookmarks. Firefox uses that folder when you click the star icon in the address bar to bookmark a page so you can find them more quickly.
Why not move your bookmarks to the Bookmarks menu, not in a folder?
I will attempt to move my list from unsorted to the Menu. My experimentation earlier had indicated to me that it would not work but I am ready to try anything. This might take a while.
Hopefully it's a select-all, one-drag operation, but I'm only familiar with the Windows version.
Sadly I could not get a select all and simply wound up dragging items from one to the other one at a time. It wasn't that bad because I have them already organized into 14 basic folders which could be drug as a folder. There were also 5 loose url types that also went one at a time.
On Mac you can only do that in the Bookmarks and History Manager (Library)
- Bookmarks > Show All Bookmarks
You can use cut and paste (right-click context menu or the first toolbar button: Organize) if other methods aren't working.
You need to move the bookmarks out of the Unsorted Bookmarks folder and move them to the Bookmarks Menu folder or create a new folder in the Bookmarks Menu folder.