EVERY FEW DAYS I GOT "UPDATE AVAILABLE" MESSAGE, clicked the load, and the blue candy stripe showed, but never stopped and window remained open, re update v15.
5/15/12 installed update 12.0 nothing has been installed since then due to the same problem each time I get a message.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
Izikhathi ezimbalwa ngesonto
Lokhu kwaqala ngenkathi...
past 4 months before today, 9/18/12
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
I don't know how to open comments, but there were other people describing the same problem and there were no answers shown
educated guesses below don't seem to apply
It looks like the update couldn't complete for some reason. You should be able to just download and install the latest version from mozilla.org/firefox
Details are in this article - How to download and install Firefox on Windows
Oops I meant to link you to the Mac article, How to download and install Firefox on Mac, not the Windows version.
If there are problems with updating or with the permissions then easiest is to download the full version and trash the currently installed version to do a clean install of the new version.
Download a new copy of the Firefox program and save the disk image (dmg) file to the desktop
- Firefox 15.0.x: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Trash the current Firefox application (e.g. open the Applications folder in the Finder and drag the Firefox application to the Trash) to do a clean (re-)install
- Install the new version that you have downloaded
Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data if you uninstall and (re)install Firefox.