Firefox crashes no matter what I do. I removed all the extensions plug ins still crashes reset firefox it still crashes. removed and uninstalled still crashes. for some reason every single report is empty it just crashes for no reason I love firefox, but I might have to move to chrome cause it crashes every single time I uninstalled completely even cleaned the registry and it still crashes I don't know what to do I'll post the report, but every single report is empty it just crashes for no reason. I even installed the firefox beta to see if that would stop crashing and it still crashes I don't know what to do anymore.
It even crashed while I was typing this question.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
I had firefox 15.0.1 and it crashed I then upgraded to see if they beta had some fix for it and it still crashes.
Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.
- Tools > Options > Advanced > General > Browsing: "Use hardware acceleration when available"
Okulungisiwe ngu cor-el
I forgot to add that I also disabled it and it still crashes. for no reason.
hello, are the crashes also occurring when you're running firefox in safe mode?
no the crashes stop during safe mode, but I've tried to disable all extensions, themes, plug ins/ add ons and it crashes in the non safe mode version I've also reset firefox and it still crashes in normal mode.
hello, then it's likely hardware acceleration which is causing the crashes. some other ati users with ati catalyst version 12.8 have reported similar issues. until ati releases a new driver, please check again that hardware acceleration is switched off in firefox options (as shown in the screenshot).
I think it's the latest versions of firefox that are the problem (which also explains why the "details" button won't work).