Why is Firefox "lagging" with certain websites ?
Why does it seem that http://www.bing.com/weather/ (and certain others) (I'd say 97-98 % of the time) cause the Firefox "not responding" message ? Granted Firefox recovers usually within about 30 seconds BUT it's getting to be really annoying because it seems that it's an ongoing problem.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealPlayer Download Plugin
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.526
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Google Update
- Facebook Video Calling Plugin
- HP Product Detection Plugin
- HP Active Check Plugin
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
Have tried Googling and searching Mozillazine forums but can't seem to find anything really related with this problem (with particular sites)
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Tools > Options > Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.
Cor-el...I am Sooooooooooooo VERY sorry it's taken me so long to reply.I didn't try your solution until today.Well,so far clearing the cache and cookies for that site seems to have worked.SO FAR. (I seem to remember having to do this with this very same site about a year ago now too). Though I did have to delete and "re" bookmark.Again,I'm sorry.And,thank you very much !