Firefox not working, instructed to create a new profile, said it would save old files, restarted firefox, all old files seem to be gone? Can anyone explain?
I was having issues with Firefox opening. I opened my Safari browser to troubleshoot and after looking for solutions to Firefox not opening, I opened the firefox profile manager. The directions instructed me to create a new profile and then delete my old one (and save old files). I did that and then upon restarting firefox all my bookmarks, history, passwords etc. were gone. When I looked at the folders in my profile file, they all had creation dates of only a few minutes prior. Did I lose it all? I followed the instructions, I don't understand where all my information went.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.3.1
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Netscape Plugin iPIX Viewer
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1
Did you use the Profile Manager or did you use reset to create that new profile?
A reset tries to import some data from the old profile and then moves the profile to the desktop, but if you use the Profile Manager then you need to copy that data yourself to the new profile.
If you've deleted the old profile before making sure that your data has been recovered then you've lost that personal data.