Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
Silverlight will not work on Firefox 15.0 mac
I swear I've installed Silverlight at least 10 times on my Mac. I've got firefox 15 installed . I can use silverlight on my other browsers but not firefox. I called Netflix and they say they have no idea. This also happens on other sites besides netflix.
Every time I visit a site that uses Silverlight, I am prompted to download and install it again.
Any workarounds or solutions appreciated.
All Replies (4)
Install the latest Silverlight from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=229322.
Then, start Firefox, and enable Silverlight. https://support.mozilla.org/kb/Troubleshooting+plugins
Hi I had this same problem, netflix wouldn't play on firefox but would play on Safari. I followed the instructions above and notice that Silverlight was never automatically enabled. So I enabled Silverlight and now Netflix works!! Yay!! Thank you Tylerdowner!!
I had this problem too. Here's a sure fix for MAC users:
- Access your hard drive (double click the hard drive icon in finder)
- Find the silverlight plugin (navigate to your Internet Plug-Ins directory: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/)
- Remove the silverlight plugin (drag any of the following into your trash bin:
* Silverlight.plugin * WPFe.plugin
- Empty your trash bin
- Go to www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/ using your Firefox browser.
- Download and install silverlight
- Restart Firefox
fix Firefox and Silverlight by doing the following: 1) Make sure you can see your Mac's hard drive (HD) by following these instructions: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3746
In the Finder, choose Preferences from the Finder menu. Click the General icon on the toolbar. Select "Hard disks" in the "Show these items on the desktop:" section. Close the Finder Preferences window.
2) Ok, now you can see your hard drive. You need to fully remove SilverLight and then install it from Microsoft directly. 3) Access your hard drive Double-click the hard drive icon on your desktop Find the plugin Navigate to your Internet Plug-Ins directory: /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ Remove the plugin Drag any of the following into your trash bin: To find out how to uninstall the following plug-ins, visit the Removing Silverlight Controls on Macintosh page:
/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Silverlight.plugin /Library/Receipts/Silverlight.pkg /Library/Receipts/Silverlight_W2_MIX.pkg /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/WPFe.plugin /Library/Receipts/WPFe.pkg
Note: If you do not see any of the above installed on your computer, then you have not installed a previous version of Silverlight, or you have already successfully uninstalled it.
4) Now reinstall Silverlight directly from Microsoft (not from another site that may/likely has an outdated version of Silverlight). http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlig...
Hope you find this helpful!