I click on "review hint" in ancestry.com and I get a blank page. It works with IE.
XP home Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop Fire 13.0 Mozilla Firefox Yahoo! Edition - 1.13
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.4
- Google Update
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.5.1 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1245
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 126.96.36.199
- Motive Plugin for Mozilla Browsers
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
IE 8.0.6001.18702 works okay on all review Hints
I tried 6 different review hints using FireFox and got a blank page on all.
Could we back up for a second? If I'm reading this thread correctly, when you created a new profile without your old extensions (using the Reset feature), then the problem was resolved. We have been trying to troubleshoot your original profile, but we haven't found the problem. I wonder whether it could be one of your extensions? You can review the list and disable ANY/ALL that are not essential here, then restart and test again:
orange Firefox button or classic Tools menu > Add-ons > Extensions category
My old profile still has the problem so I have been switching to the old profile to test any possible solutions. The only 2 extensions I am using are McaFee Site Advisor 188.8.131.52 and McaFee ScanScript for Firefox 14.4.1. I will disable these 2 extensions and test it again.
I removed the two add-ons and restarted firefox. The problem was resolved. I enabled the 2 addons one at a time and I expected the problem to come back, but it did not. Can extensions get corrupted?
Extensions could get corrupted, but perhaps the problem is that the extensions stored some settings, and by removing and reinstalling them, those settings were cleared or updated. We might never solve this particular mystery.
I will keep using the old profile and see if the problem comes back. Thanks for the help.
I too have this problem with certain link pages appearing blank, for example www.bbc.co.uk/weather which works fine in ie
Running Windows 7 Pro SP1, Firefox 15.0.1
I run FF with a number of Plugins and AddOns, so firstly disabled all Plugins - No change, problem continues next, disabled all AddOns, then enabled one by one.
Problem isolated to AddOn "PageTweak 1.0.5" www.pagetweak.com which I will keep disabled to see how things go.
Hope this helps others.