I Cant access Secured websites (Twitter , Facebook .. etc) i installed a new windows and the problem is still exist .. deleted the temporary , cache , marked the SSL and did EVERYTHING and still cant login :S
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- BitCometAgent v1.30 for Firefox
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Which security software (firewall, anti-virus) do you have?
Some security software intercept secure connections and send their own certificate.
Some examples are ESET and Bitdefender.
- ESET setup -> advanced setup -> extend web and email tree -> SSL
- SSL protocol: Do not scan SSL protocol
- BitDefender -> Privacy settings -> disable Scan SSL
I dont have any anti-virus ..
Could you describe what is happening in more detail.
- Are you getting the screen that there is a problem with the security certificate, or do you get straight through to the site?
- Does the site appear to log you in but you are bounced out without explanation, or do you get an error message (e.g., wrong password)?
Also, you need security software. If you don't have anything, try Microsoft's, it's free:
In the secure websites it takes alot of time loading for the page .. too slowly !! and at the end .. check for ur network , ur proxy .. bla bla bla
The connection was reset
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments. If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection. If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
What are the connection settings?
- Tools > Options > Advanced : Network : Connection > Settings
If you do not need to use a proxy to connect to internet then try to select "No Proxy" if the default "Use the system proxy settings" setting doesn't work properly.
See "Firefox connection settings":
The same problem , i tried no proxy but still cant log in
I thought that installing a new version of windows would repair the problem , but i tried to access secure websites via wireless / cable on another computer and it works normally !
I have the same problem. I tried with 14.0.1 and the problem still exist.
Ha ha :) now it's working. I don't get it...