Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
I want a new tab to open in my homepage.
I've spent over 2 hours trying to get this to happen. Add-ons didn't work with 13.0.1. My config list wasn't the same as the one in the forum that suggested a change. I read that 14.0.1 was supposed to make it possible--did it? The tabs page in tools/options looks the same, and the default is blank page. After seeing so many people writing about the same thing, it's hard to believe that the Foxfire folks find this such a challenge.
Nonetheless, can anyone help?
All Replies (1)
The New Tab page is a new Firefox feature and may be developed further in the future. For the time being, getting your home page to open when clicking the "+" icon (Open a New Tab), the process is a manual one.
- Below the image in the link below, are 4 steps to change the page/url opened on the New Tab page. Pay particular attention to step 3 to enter your home page address.
- You can also open your home page in a new tab at any time by pressing the CTRL key when clicking the Home button/icon (in Windows and Linux). In OSX, CMD+Home button/icon
- See --> http://www.7is7.com/software/firefox/shortcuts.html (scroll down to "Web Navigation" section)
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Not related to your question, but...
You may need to update some plug-ins. Check your plug-ins and update as necessary:
- Plug-in check --> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in: Installing (or Updating) the Shockwave plugin with Firefox
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape: Installing/Updating Adobe Reader in Firefox
- Shockwave Flash (Adobe Flash or Flash): Updating Flash in Firefox
- Next Generation Java Plug-in for Mozilla browsers: Installing or Updating Java in Firefox