Suddenly, nothing happens. Firefox opens, but no subject opens.
If I put a subject in the space for it, nothing happens. This has never happened before. What could possibly have happened to cause this, and how do I restore normal functioning?
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
Ngaso sonke isikhathi lapho i-Firefox ivulwa
Lokhu kwaqala ngenkathi...
Just now, today, 5/9/2012, at about 4 PM.
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Motive Mac Client Downloader
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.15
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Macromedia Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.1.1
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in
- Java 1.3.1 Plug-in (CFM)
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3
you are running a very old version of firefox together with outdated plugins - all sorts of issues & security threats can arise from that, so i don't know if the integrity of your system is still in place.
the first thing I'd recommend is to check the status of your plugins at https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck. if they are outdated please upgrade them or if there's no update available for your system deactivate them in the addons manager when you don't depend on them.
then please update your main version of firefox too. unfortunately macs on the powerpc platform are no longer supported by the latest versions of firefox - 3.6.28 is the last firefox version that will work. but you can try the builds from the third party project tenfourfox, who have ported firefox so that it can run on old hardware.
Now for your problem, I would try, if updating Firefox doesn't work, running Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode. It is possible that you have an extension which is interfering with Firefox's normal operation.