Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.

Google Reader doesn't work in Firefox

  • 12 uphendule
  • 100 zinale nkinga
  • 618 views
  • Igcine ukuphendulwa ngu genericman

more options

It's been a week since I can't use Google Reader with Firefox, while I still can with other browsers.

The list of feeds in the left loads without a problem, but the posts' list on the left doesn't load.

Any assistance with this will be highly appreciated!

Isisombululo esikhethiwe

Please update to Firefox 11 first, which has some security fixes and other bugs worked out.

Then, read Websites look wrong, which will probably help your problem with Google Reader.

Funda le mpendulo ngokuhambisana nalesi sihloko 👍 1

All Replies (12)

more options

Isisombululo Esikhethiwe

Please update to Firefox 11 first, which has some security fixes and other bugs worked out.

Then, read Websites look wrong, which will probably help your problem with Google Reader.

more options

I've found several useful links and I was able to solve it. Thanks!

more options

Hi Paulina, Tyler... I've done all the things in the Websites look wrong link but I'm still experiencing the problem. Paulina, could you let me know what solved yours?

Thanks in advance!

more options

I have that issue since the update to FF 12. No issues with Google Reader before. I can only see the headings, nothing happens if I click on any of them.

more options

On a google help page, I found the suggestion to disable the IETab extension. This worked for me.

more options

Well, it is some extension. I started FF without Extensions, it worked. Disabled some of them, restarted, problem gone. I can't say which one it was. IETab was one of them though. As I need my Computer for work, I couldn't thoroughly test all of them...

more options

It's not IETab 2 (the one I'm using) - I've disabled it and the Reader problem is still there. I'll try disabling all extensions just to see if it works when I have time and will keep you posted. Thanks!

more options

Much appreciated. Thanks!

more options

I've had this problem for the last week and a half or so, since before the FF12 update, and disabling IE Tab Plus 2.0.0.0 fixed it for me.

more options

New computer running W7 ... FF 13.0.1. Shows left column with sources. Shows no messages in main panel.

Chrome works OK.

Regards,

 Bill Drissel
more options

Just had this experience this morning. I disabled all my addons and restarted and, after going through everything, found that for me, the AdBlockPlus addon was the problem. Not the whole addon itself, just the blocking on google pages.

The solution for me: disable all addons except ABP and then go to the google reader page. While on that page, click on ABP's dropdown and disable blocking on google.com. Then, go and reenable all your addons and restart.

Hopefully, this works for you as well.

more options

I had this problem on one of my Windows XP machines on FF12 and then FF13 over the past week. After seeing this thread, I first disabled Adblock on Google, which didn't work. I then disabled IE Tab Plus 2.0. After restarting FF, Google Reader loads properly. Hopefully this will at least help those of you who have IETab installed.