Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.
web pages display too small
When I open any website it displays at a reduced size. I can zoom in but I would prefer the to display at their normal size to begin with.
All Replies (3)
CTRL+0 (<--that is a zero) will reset your zoom level on affected pages. Firefox remembers the zoom level you last used on a page.
See Firefox built-in Zoom functions:
If that does not fix the problem, you can try renaming the file (with Firefox closed; Firefox button > Exit or File > Exit) content-prefs.sqlite to content-prefs.sqlite.old (or delete the file) in the Profile Folder to reset the page zoom on all sites. That file will be re-created when you restart Firefox.
- You can use the button to go to the Firefox profile folder:
- Help > Troubleshooting Information > Profile Directory: Open Containing Folder
- Default FullZoom Level: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/default-fullzoom-level/
- NoSquint: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/nosquint/
- More info on NoSquint: http://urandom.ca/nosquint/
If this reply solves your problem, please click "Solved It" next to this reply when signed-in to the forum.
Not related to your question, but...
You may need to update some plug-ins. Check your plug-ins and update as necessary:
- Plug-in check --> http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in: Installing (or Updating) the Shockwave plugin with Firefox
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape: Installing/Updating Adobe Reader in Firefox
- Shockwave Flash (Adobe Flash or Flash): Updating Flash in Firefox
- Next Generation Java Plug-in for Mozilla browsers: Installing or Updating Java in Firefox
Also, please check if Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above is enabled in Tools (Alt + T) > Options > Content > Advanced (in Fonts & Colors). If the screen resolution is big, you can also try to set a Minimum font size here, for eg. 16. Options > Content
If you previously set the zoom for the sites you can Reset the saved preference of individual sites by pressing Ctrl + 0 (zero).
Okulungisiwe ngu Vivek
Be aware that increasing the minimum font can cause issues with text overlapping on sites that position text absolutely or text disappears (gets hidden), so the preferred way is to use an extension.