Why does site identity start green then go gray even when entering secure information despite having https in address?
When going to this site I get a green box which changes to gray as soon as the page loads. The address in the green box is IASBET.COM PTY LTD (AU) but as soon as the page loads the green box disappears leaving the basic address which is gray. This address is https://iasbet.com. It remains gray even when I have to enter credit card details which worries me. Shouldn't the green button box remain all the time I am in secure mode? It does with my bank's website and with Paypal!
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 11.2 r202
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.2.0 for Mozilla browsers
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.523
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.1
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:11.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/11.0
That probably means that there is content loaded via an insecure HTTP connection.
You can verify that by clicking the Site Identity Button (website favicon) on the left end of the location bar and click the More Information button.
Hi Cor-el, Thanks for that. What I find on the further investigation as you suggested is that the page is only partially encrypted whatever that means. There is an SSL certificate issued by DigiCert Inc but the partially encrypted words do worry me when entering credit card details. I simply can not find out if it is safe or not.
Another reason is that its a problem with firefox (all versions). I have a site with an EV certificate. On first visit to the secure order page the address bar is grey informing visitor that the site does not idenfify itself an alert pops up that there is secure and insecure content.
2 points: 1) the site does idenfity itself 2) all content is https and secure.
This can be verified by hitting F5 (refreshes the page) and voila Address bar is now green site idenfies itselft all content is secure and no pop up alerts appear.
So try typing F5.
Note that in all other browsers I have tried the site is reported secure with a green address bar every time with no alerts.