JNLP files not running correctly
- Firefox 10
- Windows XP 64-bit
- Java 7 installed
I'm attempting to run a JNLP file. When I first run it, I select "Open With" (rather than "Save File") and select "Java(TM) Web Start Launcher (default") as the program to open it with.
I also turn on the "Do this automatically for files like this from now on" button.
However, it doesn't behave as expected. It downloads it to the Downloads folder, displaying this folder in focus (and also creating a new copy of the JNLP file each time I run it). Also the splash screen is displayed but nothing happens.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.0"
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.119
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealNetworks(tm) RealPlayer Chrome Background Extension Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.1.0 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.2; WOW64; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0
- Make sure that the option Always ask me where to save files is selected in -> Downloads section
- You can manually set the Downloads actions of your concerned file types -> Change what Firefox does when you click on or download a file
Check and tell if its working.
-> Update Firefox to the latest version 10.0.1
-> Update All your Firefox Plugins -> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/plugincheck/
- When Downloading Plugins Update setup files, Remove Checkmark from Downloading other Optional Softwares with your Plugins (e.g. Toolbars, McAfee, Google Chrome, etc.)