Where are my bookmarks?
Hi everyone. I recently uninstalled Firefox because it wouldn't open without freezing, and when I reinstalled it, all of my bookmarks and settings were gone. I had over 100 bookmarks so I'd like to find them, and I do have my Macbook hooked up to a Time Machine, so those bookmarks should be somewhere. The problem is, in my Time Machine I can't find any Firefox folder at all...only a Mozilla extension folder. Does anyone have an idea where I could find my bookmarks?
Mac OS X 10.7.2
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
Those would work, but I can't find the old profile information with the bookmarks and everything. I need the old profile to be able to copy and paste it to the new one.
In Mac OS X v10.7, the $HOME/Library folder is a hidden folder.
I don't know if that affects the files in the Time Machine as well.
Open Finder and use one of these:
- Go > Go To Folder (Shift-Command-G) and in the dialog type: ~/Library
- Open the "Go" menu and hold down the Option key to make the Library appear
You can also use this command in a Terminal window to remove the hidden flag.
- Mac HD > Applications > Utilities > Terminal
- chflags nohidden ~/Library
- http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/909/cpsid_90947.html Access hidden user library files
I can access my library in Time Machine, but there is no Firefox folder in Application support like there is on my normal hard drive. On the external hard drive there is a "Mozilla" folder, but it only has extensions...no saved bookmarks.
I am using Firefox 9.0.1 in Windows 7 and I am not able to access the Export function to backup my favorites to an external location for safe keeping.
I am using Windows XP on a desktop PC. I had to go back to version 9.0 of Firefox. 9.0.1 wouldn't work as there was a conflict with 9.0, even after I deleted Firefox and reinstalled. I have tried to copy and paste the bookmarks from an old profile which doesn't work. I do have 2 profiles. I don't have any bookmarks at all and can't import from IE to Firefox either. I am at my wits end on this. Any help please?