Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More

Lolu chungechunge lwabekwa kunqolobane. Uyacelwa ubuze umbuzo omusha uma udinga usizo.

Firefox 9.01 update creates problems with my Joomla websites.

  • 2 uphendule
  • 5 zinale nkinga
  • 119 views
  • Igcine ukuphendulwa ngu TWSF

more options

I have a small company hosting Joomla websites and i deliver Website Services. In this case i was working on updating all my websites (60!) and suddenly i couldn't update the component settings (AceSEF component).

As this problem occured with one of my older websites i thought it must be something in Joomla. After 3 hours i just checked it with Explorer and the error didn't occure. After that i checked the firefox version (9.01). I started another pc with firefox 8.x, checked it and Joomla and AceSEF worked corrrect. I checked the version and it was downloading the update to 9.01. After update to 9.01 i checked again and the error occured on at least 5 sites. It must be something within Firefox 9.01.

If you can tell me how i can rollback the update (from 9.01 to version 8) i can check it again (... and i can go on with my work :-)).

Isisombululo esikhethiwe

Hi Klaus,

I also posted my incident to the manufacturer of AceSEF en they informed me that i had to activate a little plugin called MooTools1.2Upgrade. That solved the problem within 9.01. After your answer i immediatly downloaded 10.x beta and it performed much better.

So in short... 9.01 wasn't the perfect version for me ;-). It's good that there is Chrome (and even Explorer) because i don't like instable and unreliable firefox versions.

Thanks for sharing your findings with me! cu!

Funda le mpendulo ngokuhambisana nalesi sihloko 👍 0

All Replies (2)

more options

I have the same problem, but the problem does not occur on all my windows machines. On two machines with Windows 7 64 Bit, the problem is only on one machine, although both have firefox 9.01 installed. With the latest 10.x beta, the problem does not occur. With older firefox versions, I never saw this problem.

more options

Isisombululo Esikhethiwe

Hi Klaus,

I also posted my incident to the manufacturer of AceSEF en they informed me that i had to activate a little plugin called MooTools1.2Upgrade. That solved the problem within 9.01. After your answer i immediatly downloaded 10.x beta and it performed much better.

So in short... 9.01 wasn't the perfect version for me ;-). It's good that there is Chrome (and even Explorer) because i don't like instable and unreliable firefox versions.

Thanks for sharing your findings with me! cu!