How do I downgrade from firefox 9 to firefox 8 and leave the beta update channel?
How can I leave the beta update channel? And downgrade from Firefox 9 to Firefox 8? I mis the update of my add-ons.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
- Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_29 for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Version 1.1.11, copyright 1996-2011 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- Npdsplay dll
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:9.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0
get release version from here
simply download and run
for 8.0.1 version:
Please mark "Solved" the answer that really solve the problem, to help others with a similar problem.
Try this link to all previus releases:
deleted by moderator - per forum guidelines from admin
Okulungisiwe ngu the-edmeister
I read this and several other Forums about people wanting to leave the beta channel because they were getting updates which were not always compatible with previous versions and their add-ons etc.
Initially I went to Tools > Options>Advanced>Update and unchecked the Firefox box.
Then I found my Laptop was not on the beta channel and the download was for Firefox for Yahoo UK & Ireland (yahoogb). I then went to my PC, located Firefox for UK & Ireland and found a download which was Firefox optimised for Yahoo. I downloaded Version 8 which was on offer then did an update check which downloaded a Version 9 - which was on the release channel. Beta been sucessfully demolished!!
So - if you are in Great Britain there at least is a way to get out of the beta channel.
Happy New Year one and all.
kpcalling, the easiest way to get back on the release channel is to install the current stable release which in this case is 9.0.1. Say from www.mozilla.com
You can find the latest Firefox release here:
- Firefox 9.0.x: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html