Middle mouse button not opening links in new tab anymore
Sinc ea few days ago I can no longer open links in a new tab with my middle mouse button. All the other features in firefox that use it remain the same. (ie. middle click tab to close, tab bar to reopen last tab,scrolling.) I have changed no settings and have gone over them multiple times, but to na avail. Is it Firefox 6.0.1? Please help I like opening tabs without having to use a right click function.
Eminye Imininingwane Yohlelo
Ngaso sonke isikhathi lapho i-Firefox ivulwa
Lokhu kwaqala ngenkathi...
I updated to 6.0.1
- Winamp Application Detector
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Unity Player 3.1.0f3
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 220.127.116.110
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_27 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 18.104.22.168
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- I-ejenti Engumsebenzisi: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:6.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/6.0.1
OS Windows 7 64 bit. Firefox 6.0.1
I can only help you get around the problem (circumvention).
You could use the keyboard shortcuts that existed before Mozilla tried to usurp user control of the their middle-click button (mine is set to "Enter") Ctrl+click on link, and Ctrl+Shift+click on link.
- Firefox Support Home Page | Firefox Help
Adapts to your system, but a very limited number of shortcuts are shown
- Firefox and other Browser Keyboard Shortcuts (Comparison Table)
Long list of shortcuts -- Windows oriented, most other systems use similar (Mac/Linux see key at top)
You might try updating to Firefox 6.0.2 via Help > About Firefox, but I doubt that it would affect that.
Okulungisiwe ngu David McRitchie
None of the shortcuts are working anymore either. I love firefox, but if it means using internet explorer I will have to switch
This problem started for me today too.
Middle Click / CTRL Click links would not open those links in a new tab; though Middle Click would scroll the page as normal.
I fixed it by creating a new Firefox profile using Profile Manager, starting Firefox using the new profile (now Middle Click / CTRL click worked fine), closed Firefox and reopened it using my original profile - and Middle Click / CTRL click now work fine.
@Rmkdec: Made an account just to say thanks for this, it works perfectly now.
Okulungisiwe ngu Randomini
This would help if i knew how to get to profile manager, or what it is.. kind of a noob. Anyone have a simpler/more detailed explaination? Do I have to get an add-on? Thanks
This can be a problem with Greasemonkey and Tab Mix Plus
Okulungisiwe ngu cor-el
Thanks! Disabled grease monkey and now it works perfectly.
You can also update to the unreviewed Greasemonkey 0.9.11:
Thanks cor-el - this has been driving me nuts for days but I upgraded to Greasemonkey 0.9.11 and it fixed the problem for me :)